Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ready To Give

Yes, yes, yes ... it is finished!!! Phew, happy to be done and just in time! The Big Project is over, done, finished and packed in my suitcase! Actually finished it yesterday and leave tomorrow to head up to wedding in the Hamptons.
I think the long hot summer and being cooped up so much has left me with a case of the blahs and dissatisfaction in everything. So I feel more critical than usual of my quilting but, this is personalized and original and pretty, I think!


The quilt is slightly smaller than I thought it would be however, it covered the top of my king bed and could be used as a topper. I believe they also have a guest queen and of course one can always curl up on a couch!


The center heart has 2 more hearts entwined within it. It also contains many personal fabric choices such as the NYC fabric and the one with surfboards. Fabrics throughout the quilt were picked with this couple in mind. Inside the entwined hearts I did a vine/leaf design with 8 small hearts in the center and 21 in each of the hearts.The entwined hearts are done in green and blue which was the color of the invite. I've also copied the invitation in fabric above the main heart.


I was not thrilled with my backing choice and of course with the fancy stitches, more of it shows (messy look) in back. But it's the back, right!? Very happy with the batik I used as the binding, both the color and feel of the fabric. Then when label time came (and I hate writing them) I wanted to attach it before the binding so I could avoid any hand sewing. Figured that out and wrote a personal message since I think about the people and the sentiments so much as I sew!


So that's it! I'm off to have a blast at the wedding. I will spend 3 days with 1 son (in the wedding) and my daughter up in NY. Then we go back to NJ for a day or 2 with my other son, daughter-in-law and 3 grandsons. Looking forward to doing and seeing all ! Need the short break from quilting then a fun small project! (Will miss hub and dogs, tho!!)

See you all next week and thanks for cheering me on through this project!!!

7 comments:

Pat said...

And I had the pleasure of SEEING this after it was completed and it is a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!! GREAT job, Sherry!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's a gorgeous quilt! I really love the quilt label.

Michelle said...

Congrats on sticking with it and finishing the quilt! It's beautiful and I know the happy couple will love it!

Kaye said...

Sherry, its absolutely georgeous!

Beth said...

Fantastic finish. Lucky couple.
Have fun ath the wedding and visiting with your family.

Winona said...

Sherry, it is a beautiful quilt. You did a wonderful job on it. I am sure it will be appreciated and loved. Have fun. Winona

Unknown said...

it is beautiful.....i would be honored to receive such a beauty, as i'm sure they will be as well